Technical Researcher, Ottawa or Iqaluit
NVision Insight Group Inc. is an Indigenous consulting company with extensive experience working in and with First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities and organizations, governments, corporations, and not for profit organizations. With offices in Ottawa and Iqaluit, and a national team of associates, we provide a comprehensive range of high quality consulting services across Canada. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, opportunities for development and a real opportunity to make a difference.
The Technical Researcher will assist Senior Consulting staff specifically, but not exclusively, working in the areas of land use planning, design, and Indigenous Land Claims.
- Conduct online and document research, design research tools;
- Write reports, summaries, synthesize documents;
- Design, describe and revise maps and graphic tools to support the communication of research results;
- Design, organize and participate in community engagement and communications activities;
- Support preparation of project proposals, plans and budgets;
- Support project management activities, tracking of project time and expenses and drafting invoices.
Key / Preferred Requirements:
- University degree in one or more of the following areas: planning, landscape architecture, environmental science, geography, or a related discipline;
- 1-2 years of research experience directly related to this position through employment and/or a University level supervised research position;
- Ability to travel;
- Knowledge of design platforms (e.g. In Design, Photoshop) is an asset;
- Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) is an asset.
How to Apply:
For more information and a full job description contact Leslie Sutherland. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the key requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:00 (11 p.m.) EDT, June 4th, 2017.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.